• Create Account

IBF RELEASED!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

#1 Queasy   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 16 March 2000 - 01:27 PM

We, Reckless Design, have released IBF, a 2D action game using DX6.1. We''ve also released the source code too! Here''s a quick list of features: -800x600x16 -large scrolling worlds -5 different weapons -5 (or was it 6?) different enemies -scripting language -console (like quake) Anyhow, the come to our site and download it: http://fly.to/reckless Hope you enjoy! And comments are always welcome -- EMAIL: recklessdesign@home.com ~Jonathan Mak, (aka Queasy).

Sponsor:

#2 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3333

Posted 16 March 2000 - 10:49 PM

The shockwave site and the downloads/links links on the HTML version were broken when I just looked.

#3 Queasy   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 17 March 2000 - 12:22 PM

Uh geez... I''m sorry, the server I hosted reckless on went down. I''ll host it on my computer for now, it seems like I''m the most reliable one (go figure).

http://fly.to/reckless
or
http://recklessdesign.jumpfun.com
or
http://24.114.19.170

does anyone know of any good redirectors and free-webhosting services (must give at least 20MB). It seems there aren''t any out there.

~Queasy.

#4 sir hackalot   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 March 2000 - 12:37 PM

Try www.dreamwater.com for a freewebhosting, i believe they give 30mb free and if you want more, you just ask for it.

#5 Cloxs   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 March 2000 - 12:38 PM

XOOM is pretty good, and my friend gave me some code that lets you get rid of that top little bar.

"When people tell you they want to hear the truth, you know that their lying."

#6 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 March 2000 - 12:42 PM

Try Angelfire. They are/were offering 30MB of free space.

http://www.angelfire.com

#7 Queasy   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 17 March 2000 - 01:17 PM

Alright, thanks for yer help... I think I''ll set up the site up later though... it seems my server is handling itself quite well

~phew...

#8 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 March 2000 - 01:30 PM

Do you need help with your game fonts? I have a red, and blue one, like in your game, when your the blue guy vs. the red guys! Your game is nice. Are you adding a death voice? i.e. Auuuuuuuugh!

#9 Queasy   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 17 March 2000 - 05:05 PM

No, but thanks for offering! The version we released is final (unless we encounter some serious bugs, then we''ll patch it up). We do not plan on making any changes to it.

However, if the demand is there, then we might consider working on a better version of IBF (hmm.. 3d?).

~Queasy.

#10 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3333

Posted 18 March 2000 - 02:22 AM

Deshawn, I asked this on another thread... if these are your fonts you keep offering (after all, you once said you were GREAT with fonts), then how come you have a US email address and the creator of the fonts is from Sweden? If you admit these are not your fonts, could you please stop trying to pass them off as such and give credit where it''s due?

Anybody wishing to see where these fonts are coming from should look at http://www.algonet.se/~guld1/freefont.htm.

#11 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 03:00 AM

What are you talking about! I clearly said those were his fonts!!! If your trying to make me look bad, when this is my 14th day here, you''ve got another thing coming. I do get furious, when I am accused of something!

#12 Staffan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 03:42 AM

I''ll have to agree with Kylotan...
And it really bugs when I read a post and in every each one of them I see a message like "I can make a font for you if you wan''t. I''m VERY super duper mega good at making fonts."

"I think, therefore I am...I think"

#13 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 05:16 AM

Taking sides eh? I surrender. =) Still, you don''t have to double-team me like that.

#14 dilgo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 06:13 AM

Come on, mates. No need to argue over some silly old fonts. It''s inhumane.

#15 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 08:38 AM

Oh, yeah, Staffan. Surely that post "I can help with the font" gets repetive, but I''m just trying to help people. It sure dosen''t "bug" the people who I ask it to. I''m sure if you were the one getting helped, it wouldn''t "bug" you. Dilgo, the fonts aren''t silly. I''m just upset, because I was accused of font theft. Then they go, and give away the link to the page trying to be "Mr. Hero". I hate it when that happens, and I make furious posts, like that one above in the red. I''m short-tempered, but I keep the critical insults to myself.
That is all.

#16 Staffan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 09:00 AM

Perhaps it''s just me but I do find them annoying. I''m almost sure I''m not the only one...
Now seeing it once or twice, thats okay. But I''ve seen a bit more often..like 10+ times.

"I think, therefore I am...I think"

#17 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 18 March 2000 - 09:29 AM

So if they are not your fonts, then what do you do with them that makes you so good? And good at what?

#18 dilgo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 12:35 PM

no offense, but gromit, maybe you should watch your nasty approach. Deshawn, you should cool it. Give Kylotan a break.

#19 TheGecko   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 12:40 PM

As for the webhosting,try www.Fortunecity.com they''re giving away 100MB free.

#20 DeShawn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 04:50 PM

I need to apoligize to everybody I flamed. That means Kylotan, Staffan, dilgo, and gromit. Sorry about all of the mishab.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS