Best Sci Fi RPGs?

Started by
11 comments, last by techrecruiter 24 years, 1 month ago
In your opinions, what are the best science fiction RPGs that have come out in the last 12 months or so? Just curious what people in the game industry think. Thanks. Tim Heard Malone Technical theard@jcmalone.com
Tim HeardMalone Technicaltheard@jcmalone.com
Advertisement
This may be marginal (cause it''s partly a FPS) but how about....

S Y S T E M S H O C K 2 !!!!!!

That game is awesome.
Paulcoz.
I haven''t played any RPG''s, or other games in the past 22 months. (Since our daughter was born.) Why is it so awesome? And where a web address where I can dowload a demo?

Tim Heard
Malone Technical
theard@jcmalone.com
First person shooters don''t do much for me, so I may check that one out, but I really prefer the "quest" type games in which a character can explore a lot of different things, develop skills, and so on. There were some old games based on Traveller that I liked in that respect, even though they were pretty limited with respect to graphics.
The game is a little dated but I recommend Fallout 2. The story may be a little thin but otherwise the game is fantastic.
For the Sony Playstation:

Xenogears, Front Mission, Front Mission 2, Parasite Eve, Gran Stream Saga, FFVII, FFVIII. That''s all I know of. You can get FFVII on PC. Everyone says it was a great game, I beg to differ.

"YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
"Who wants to live forever?" Queen
"Never trust a bald barber" me
B^)
xenogears is the best sci-fi RPG of all time. Mid-way through the game, it turns everything you believe into something completely different- which defies your very existence (through the protaganist''s eyes, of course). It''s an amazing game, and I''m surprised it didn''t sell as much as it deserved!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Do you know where their website is?

Tim Heard
Malone Technical
theard@jcmalone.com
Hmm there wasn''t that many scifi rpgs recently, but I''d go for fallout 2.

Other rpgs I''d say FFVIII...

J2xC

------------------------------
About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
Xenogears was great! Can''t wait for Front Mission 3, Parasite Eve 2, Chrono Cross, and (some time in the oh so distant future) Phantasy Star Online.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement