There has been this urge for me to ask programmers quite a few questions to try and build a simple "database" of sorts. The main purpose of wanting to do this is to try and form relationships. There are also a lot of potential other uses. Mostly it's selfish in the regard I want to know programmers more.
Without further ado I ask you to please answer the following questions:
1) What was the first programming language you studied?
2) Did you have any Computer Science background before your first language (ie: boolean algebra, memory organisation, algorithms)?
3) The first language you studied was it self-taught, formal instruction, or both?
4) Was the Computer-Science background self-taught, formal instruction, or both?
5) When you started to study Computer Science did it help your understanding of the language you first learned?
6) What kind of environment did you first program in (ie: the IDE or text editor, and the OS)?
Thanks for your time.