I have no problem with linux what so ever. You install SDL by unpacking the tarball and running make (depending on what your distro is). My linker issue that I was having was that it just wasn't looking in the right directory and I have that covered. I just need to figure out how to run the program on a windows computer that dosen't have SDL. That means I need to either include it with the file or make it statically linked.
yeah, I did originally have it seed up top. I guess I just didnt think about it when I cut and pasted a few sections of my code. Also after the reading sounds like I'm gonna have to change my IDE to deal with debugging anyways.
yeah, i did start a new project not really sure what it was all about. However i was able to fix the problem by changing the names from gamestats and gamestats 2.0, to something as simple as gamestats and gameStats 2.0. Not really sure why this made a differnce tho. i guess the numbers on the end just didnt make it differnt enough. thanks for your time.