Has anyone encountered such a situation where,
* The D3D9 debug runtime reports memory leaks on application exit, listing all unfreed allocations with their AllocIDs.
* Tell D3D to break on one of the allocations using the "Break on AllocID" feature of DX control panel.
* With the D3D symbols loaded, we get a complete call stack when the break happens. It turns out the allocation is for a vertex declaration.
* We are 100% sure the very vertex declaration IS released during the shutdown process, and the ref count reaches 0 after the release.
Is it possible that the D3D runtime is reporting wrong AllocIDs? Or is the "Break on AllocID" feature unreliable?
rainsingMember Since 25 Dec 2008
Offline Last Active Sep 28 2012 03:22 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 8
- Profile Views 329
- Submitted Links 0
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
rainsing hasn't added any contacts yet.