So I've been playing with the RSS import option for journals in an attempt to get my journal to update here as well as my main blog.
I've found two different issues, both of which are damn annoying.
- The import from the RSS feed attempts to reformat the blocks, however in doing so it loses common formatting bits and pieces, such as paragraph markers. Opting instead to try and replace them with <br/> objects. Unfortunately, its not very successful at that, as you can see here.
- I noticed it opted to ignore even that on my last import from the RSS, and left the <p> tags in... as escaped text. It did the same for the code (that was in <pre><code> blocks) and lost all the indenting as well.
I have already verified the RSS is working correctly and the output from the RSS is correct. I understand the need to strip HTML as you have no idea what someone might try and inject via RSS, however I kind of expect it to handle this a weeeeeeeeee bit better.