Posted by TheOrestes
on 01 December 2012 - 11:40 AM
I got the Collada-Dom 2.4.0 compiled using both vs2008 & vs2010. Its not as straight as it sounds though.
*Static Lib Steps :
1. Get rid of domAny.h & domAny.cpp file from the project. ( Simply exclude )
2. In project properties, "Additional Include Directories", use "..\..\external-libs\minizip-1.1" instead of "..\..\external-libs\minizip\include" directory.
3. Project Properties>>C/C++>>Language, set "Disable Language Extension" to "NO" ( please google for the explanation )
4. Project Properties>>Librarian>>General>>Additional Library Directories" to ..\..\external-libs\libxml2\win32\lib , ..\..\external-libs\zlib-1.2.5 , ..\..\external-libs\minizip\win32\lib, is empty. it was empty in my case.
5. Last but most important, you should get compilation error saying missing or cannot find "unistd.h" file. Simpy head to "libxml2\include\zconf.h" & replace "unistd.h" by "io.h" ( Please refer to Google for explanation )
These steps got me the static lib for Collada Dom, strange to see that default download has these issues ( unless I did something terribly wrong )
Nevertheless, you should have debug & release versionof static lib available once you build the project. As per the DLL, you need to make sure that there exists minizip1.1 lib in project properties, by default its for minizip default version. Compiling the minizip1.1 will give you the required lib.
Hopefully this will solve your issue just like me.