- As a player: I would look forward to a space strategy with an ambush-specialized play-style after reading your initial idea (which I think is interesting since there is no, maybe a few, space strategy games truly did this), since there are scan-specialized ships, anti-scan module and different scan/stealth bonus. But then it'd probably no longer simple.
- Other ways to make this:
- To be simple, I think having a special type of ship that responsible for scanning is enough (and a special cloaking ship).
- To be fun, I think having special (and strategic, surprising) abilities for your scanning & cloaking ships. For example, the scanning ship can boost scanner and pinpoint the largest magnetic force nearby (which can be enemy fleet or just a magnetic storm), and the cloaking ships can make your entire fleet invisible to go inside enemy base unnoticed. Ambush bonus is fine, but fun usually comes from surprises, and passive bonus is not much of a surprise element, I think .
- In reality, each ship should have its own scanner, but let's say this special scanning ship is equip with a ground-breaking scan technology that can only be countered by a special cloaking ship . You don't want a too realistic game, do you? .
giang271291Member Since 25 Nov 2009
Offline Last Active Dec 02 2013 09:18 AM
College senior in Software Engineering. Aiming for a professional career in game development.
- Group Members
- Active Posts 4
- Profile Views 798
- Submitted Links 0
- Member Title Member
- Age 21 years old
- Birthday December 27, 1991
Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Programming, RPG, RTS