The wrong object was an asIScriptObject, yes. It was just the wrong asIScriptObject. It's a bit hard to explain without studying my system, but I have been refactoring CollisionObjects to have their own core script objects to perform event callbacks on, where before they would obtain the callback object and call OnCollision on the core object of an Actor thwy would be attached to.
I believe I have figured out the problem. When I was setting the object while preparing to call, I was setting the wrong object, which given the design of my collision detection system is easy enough to do. I need to learn to keep my objects straight. This could lead to a bit of an enhancement. I find it odd that the program decided to crash there and not let me know "This object doesn't have that function stupid."