Some game engines allow you to create a game without writing a single line of code. So they can take over the entire job of a compiler. Others are more limited.
Not to be buggy or annoying here but what is the name of such a 3D game engine?
Let us assume that Scripting is very much like coding, then:
- Unity3D you will need to code
- Torque 3D/2D you will to code
- UDK you will need to code
- Ogre3D you will need to code
- JMonkey you will need to code
- Leadwerks you will need to code
- and many others
In fact I know of no 3D game engine where people can create a game without ever coding.
Perhaps Blender is such an engine?
Please enlighten me with game engines where no coding/scripting is needed to make a game.
Unless you mean coding is having access to source codes and only working from the compiler itself?