Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


Pendragon274

Member Since 26 Feb 2011
Offline Last Active May 25 2014 11:01 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: I want a bug fixed.

28 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

You see, I figured that changing the zNear and the zFar would be the only way to display the projected astronomically large scene. But I see now that the way I need to go about doing that involves rendering in phases, changing the zNear, and zFar for each phase.

In Topic: I want a bug fixed.

27 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

Perhaps you could share your solution to help others who experience the same problem in future! Posted Image


That is a good idea. The jagged edges problem is caused by too large a clipping plane. Not quite sure why, but to fix it, you can reduce the difference between zNear and zFar in your gluPerspective call. Hope this helped!

In Topic: I want a bug fixed.

26 February 2011 - 11:38 PM


I am having a bug in my program, if you would like to help, my project website is: http://www.godsstash.webs.com. The rendering produces jaggedy edges. If you would like more information, or source snippets, post a comment describing the information you want. The images attached to my post show what exactly I am talking about.


On further experimenting, and googling, I find that the jaggedy edges are caused by the resolution of the z buffer, which i have now fixed, the problem is now the front face of both the blocks should be green.


And upon even further research, I have found out how to solve the second problem, perhaps I should not have posted this. Forgive me, I am quite new to this.

In Topic: I want a bug fixed.

26 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

I am having a bug in my program, if you would like to help, my project website is: http://www.godsstash.webs.com. The rendering produces jaggedy edges. If you would like more information, or source snippets, post a comment describing the information you want. The images attached to my post show what exactly I am talking about.


On further experimenting, and googling, I find that the jaggedy edges are caused by the resolution of the z buffer, which i have now fixed, the problem is now the front face of both the blocks should be green.

PARTNERS