Surprise surprise I like games, I like coding them, playing them, dissecting them... I love to learn so any little tidbit I can pick up I am glad to. Football is a passion of mine (though I have little to no skill at it).
Hey everyone, I recently developed a game in HTML5 for the first time. I have made other games in other languages, but this is my first HTML5. I am going to adding more sounds and art at a later time. I plan to also add a server that keeps the high score, not implemented yet though. The big thing is I want to see how it plays for others, and what you guys think. It is located at http://sorcerybox.co.../stayalive.html. Thank you in advance and feel free to post how long you lasted.
If you like following some game blogs we at Bitwise Games (three college students having fun and enjoying their passion) have a very interesting game in development. We are all students at Shawnee State University and two of us studying game programming; while, one studies the sister degree the art side of game development. At first Bitwise was just two programmers who started for a class project. We had to program the game in DirectX and did really well with the project getting an A in that class without missing a single point. We had a lot of fun with the game and wanted to give it more justice so we wanted to make it cross platform(one so the school cannot say it is theirs, and two cause it would increase possible players of the game). So in short we have been furiously working on getting back where it was and further all in one summer and some of the fall (good luck lol). The artist came aboard near the end of the year showing much interest in the game and motivation to work on it. If you would like to know more you can follow our blog from here bitwise games. We would love to hear from you questions,comments, concerns.
I am having a linking error when I try and attach my engine to my executable. I have one error left and I have put _DEBUG in the preprocessor of both projects I have looked a lot of different places to try and find the solution. (it may be something simple I missed ><). The error is: error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in main.obj. I also looked on different places and it said that one of my projects is release and the other debug but they are both building debug as active so I am perplexed at the moment.