I have been given the task of writing a short research paper on the field of work that I want to go into. My research paper also has to include an interview(s) with an individual(s) in the field I am researching, and so I decided to post some relevant questions here. This inquiry is for video game programmers who have had experience in working for a large company or as an indie developer. The answers you write down will be included in the research paper. If you are comfortable in doing so, please include your real name. If you are not comfortable sharing your real name, I will use your username on gamedev.net to associate your answers with you. You can reply to this post, or send me a PM(private message).
1. How many years have you worked in game development?
2. What is/was a typical day at your job, pertaining to your work as a programmer?
3. What was expected of you as a programmer?
4. Were there any skills and/or tasks that were required of you that might not usually be expected from a programmer? If so, what were they?
5. What advice would you give to someone who is working towards getting into this field?
6. What challenges were most difficult of overcome while working on a project as a programmer?