I started to make 3D game. I have free camera (can move anywhere, look everywhere, but not roll), and I have objects. I want to move objects with mouse. Objects Y coordinates I changing with mouse wheel. So what I just need, that mouse X and Y screen position (or delta position) move object on X and Z axis.
If my camera would be locked, then objectPosition+=mouseDelta would work something like what I want, but problem is what I don't have locked camera. But I have angle on Y axis rotation, so maybe that could help?
Hello, for my studies/work I need to create 3D simulator, which gets data from Oracle database and shows it in 3D. There is a chance that the simulator will be commercial. So in other words: I need to do research with small demo to show possibility for doing this kind of project.
First thought was Unity3D, but spent some hours to try and I didn't founded any possible way to connect. Or am I wrong?
Or maybe anybody could suggest good 3D engine with which would be possible to connect to Oracle? I prefer C# language, if it's is possible.
Hello, everyone. And I'm again here. Maybe needed come earlier... But...
In my mind for some time is mind about multiplayer model. How all logics compiles? How distribute your info to other players?
I want something like "Little Fighter 2" multiplayer. As I good remember, there you start game and other players just type server (yours IP) and connects. What goes after that? Other players running, and how they send to all other? Via server or directly?
For now I was possible to make game for 2 players (server and client), but there was only movement. No more actions. Then went to make better engine code, and forget about network support, so now need re-make it. And closest model, what I want is from LF2. So maybe somebody could say how it works?
And there is list of small questions:
1. How identify clients? On connection every player send their IP (and/or mac)? But testing on same PC would be very hard...
2. On new player connection, he must get all current game info. So server on getting new client, send all other clients info to him?
3. How make server to be client? Now I made that on starting game, he tries to connect to my ip. If can't, then he becomes server. But maybe other approach could be used? Starting server, it goes as some sort of service, which will be in other thread?
4. How send info between players? As I understand, best would be via server. Player sends to server, and server resend to other player.
5. How handle new object creation or old destruction? client3 shoot bullet, that killed monster. How to do it??
6. I have founded somewhere that clients could just send just what buttons they pressed. So every client goes very light (only input and displaying), but server must do with all calculations, so he will be pretty heavy. It's good approach to making multiplayer game? I thinking about 4 players support...
7. All NPC/mobs logic must be on one pc? Server? Or all clients have their owns, and just on killing sends info to other players about that? But this question is something like 5 and 6 together
Hello, maybe anybody could help with drawing images on screen?
Now using D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx: loading LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 by file name, width and height. And later using texture with LPD3DXSPRITE.Draw(texture,rect,center,position,color). But if I change rect size, texture don't scale, just stretching in wrong way (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn6920yar2o4kat/2013-09-25%2018_35_06-APPTITLE.png: normal image, increased width, increased height).
Am I doing something wrong? Maybe my way don't let change width/height after image is loaded? Maybe where is another way to draw images?