Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


derKai

Member Since 04 Sep 2011
Offline Last Active Jul 26 2014 02:08 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Using NVIDIA Nsight with SharpDX

13 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Seems that i ran into the next problem..

I'm working with WPF Hosts to get XAML based UI

 

now nsight shows the directx 9 calls that are used to render ui elements and the only thing i get of my call is the draw of the shared "backbuffer".

any idea how to address that?

 

because of the host i don't have a present call. So think there is no chance for nsight to identify frames ...


In Topic: Using NVIDIA Nsight with SharpDX

13 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Sorry it took me a while to look into this again..

 

i checked all your points.. now it works! thanks!

for those who are interested in the future: select x86 in the build settings and remove the Debug flag during the creation of your device.


In Topic: Dynamic Shader Linkage for Windows Store Apps (non-toolkit)

03 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

thanks. i'll try linking against 8.1 sdk and if thats not satisfying i''ll go for MJPs offline reflection approach ;)

 

Edit:

I'll managed to switch to 8.1.. visuals studio can make life complicated sometimes^^

Nevertheless i also compiled SharpDX to get the latest build and together with 8.1 it works fine.. even without deploying he compiler dlls.


In Topic: Frustum Box Intersection (again i know)

06 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

Thanks for the confirmation, eppo ;)

to not increase the computation costs i decided to fit a bounding sphere around the frustum and test agist this first.

 

@raigan these are a lot of tests per box.. maybe there is a more optimized version of that method (i'll look into it if there is time and keep you posted)


In Topic: Duplicating vertices so the count is equal to UV Coordinates

03 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

OK, here is the counts for a single mesh:

 

number of positions: 342

number of uv coords: 1884

number of faces: 628

 

okay.. here you see the number of uv coords is 3 times the number of faces.. this is very typical for textured models..

i've never seen separete index lists per semantic. i guess all your index lists are of the same size (3 * 628)

if thats so you may allocate your vertexbuffer (or buffers if you don't want interleaved vertexbuffers), iterate over the index lists and fill your buffer with the data at the given indices:

positionBuffer[faceCount*3]
tecCoordsBuffer[faceCount*3]

for(int i=0; i<faceCount*3; i++)
{
    positionBuffer[i] = positionData[positionIndices[i]];
    texCoordBuffer[i] = texCoordData[texCoordIndices[i]];
}

this will flatten you buffers (you don't need the indexbuffer for drawing)

for a interleaved buffer you will create a struct containing fields for position and texcoords and an array of these structs in a similar way


PARTNERS