Download: Download, Mirror 1
Requirements: .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0.
Latest Version: .1Alpha.2
Game Website (http://www.astrominer.net)
Getting Started Guide and Controls
This is my game, AstroMiner. The game is set in an asteroid belt. You were originally on your way to a planet to do some reconnaissance work when you lose control of your main transport ship. You make an emergency evacuation using R-01, your recon ship, and land inside of the belt.
Inside the belt you have to build a base, defend yourself from enemy, terraform the base and eventually get back home.
I'm currently on Chapter 1: building the base. I have about 12 different structures you can build so far, 4 different types of enemies and 17 different block types. This is still an alpha release so it might be buggy. They should only be very minor bugs, though. I also have modding support built in.
Chapter 2 will be terraforming. Once you terraform, you'll be able to get out of your ship and walk around. You'll also start attracting a different type of enemy - one that's a little more mechanical. You'll be able to harvest this enemy to build helper bots.
Chapter 3 will be going home. You'll be able to transport yourself to other player maps and trade resources and items with them. You'll also be able to send yourself back home, completing the game.
The game is written in XNA, but my eventual goal is to port it to MonoGame.
Latest Updates (.1a.2 11/27/11)
- All items and blocks now have their own floating graphic.
- Memory leak in floatingItemsManager has been fixed.
- Fixed bug where breaking glass could destroy tractor beam.
- Fluid engine has been completely redone from scratch.
- structuresManager draw() method has been optimized.
- The higher the player goes, the less thick the asteroids become.
- Pipes can now be placed inside of blocks.
- When a player is on the ground and they place an item, it gets placed 2 blocks below. This has been fixed so the item is placed directly below.