Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!


ThyReaper

Member Since 16 Feb 2012
Offline Last Active Dec 02 2014 03:14 AM

Topics I've Started

Engine Cleanup Optimization

05 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

I discovered a bottleneck in the cleanup process in AngelScript which caused our game to take much longer to shutdown than expected. It seems that all the time was being spent in ClearUnusedTypes() which used a linear search for removing types.

 

I replaced the vector with a set (emulated with a map, to be able to use the same data structures the library normally uses), removing the bottleneck. We've been using this change for a few weeks without issue.


PARTNERS