It has been 2 weeks since I have started developing a 2d platform game for android with game maker. (I'm doing the programming,sound and my friend the art).
I really really loved the crash banticoot games for their gameplay and sense of humor.
So the game's gameplay is almost identical to crash banticoot games (expect this time it's 2D).
This core gameplay elements will be:
- Jump (there wont be double jump, at least on the first levels - first release)
- Attack (should he spin like Crash? I want to avoid making the game too much of a copycat. Any suggestions will be very welcomed!)
- Duck (when the player ducks he wont be able to move)
Most Enemies will get killed
- When the player jumps above them
- When the player attacks them
The player will collect some kind of fruit (maybe yellow grapefruit).
100 fruits == 1 life
- Fruit,Life Boxes
- Bomb Boxes (touch them and get killed)
- 1 Time Touch Bomb Boxes (allow you to touch them only once before they explode)
The first "difference" in this game in comparisson to crash games.
Power Ups inside levels that will make you :
- Run faster
- Jump Higher
- Improved Attack
I'm thinking abot making 7 levels and 1 boss fight at first release.
I would like you to give me some suggestions about what gameplay improvements can be made in order to create a more fun game that will also distinguish itself from the crash banticoot games.
This is how the main character looks.
Thanks in advance!!!