I'm currently working on a game with a group of gamers, you might call us an Indie Dev group (oh lawd!). We are currently in Closed Alpha with our Android Game and need testers with all kinds of devices to test it on phones as well as tablets! The game is made with the Unreal Engine 4 and therefore we require Android Devices that supports Android Version 5.0 and up.
The game is called Flying! Thunder! Chase! and is one of the arcade endless runner type of games. You are controlling the Flying Thunder trying to escape an ever expanding black hole in the system you are currently in. You are in luck however because among space debris and asteroids you find fuel tanks so you can hopefully out fly this black hole (spoiler: You can't).
The game is about delaying the inevitable for as long as possible. You do this by collecting fuel tanks and avoiding space debris and asteroids. Since the game is in closed alpha we are still working out some quirks but we believe that the foundation for the game is there.
If you want to see some videos of how the game has progressed until today please look at this playlist here.
- The game is split into three "lanes" much like in AudioSurf.
- In order to move, you simply tap the left or right side of screen. Left makes you go up right makes you go down. No swiping.
- If you hold your finger in one spot it will keep moving until it can't move any more in the desire direction.
- As you collect fuel the speed of your ship increases and the game becomes harder. This is important to know because the black holes speed will only increase as you go making mistakes more and more costly.
- Currently the ability to adjust how sensitive the screen should be is bugged. This is due to the fact that we use the Unreal Engine 4 and some of their user interface components are not completely functional yet. We are working on this.
- The sensitivity obviously won't work for everyone. We are currently working with presets but would like to change it so that the player can set the exact sensitivity they want.
- Particle Effects won't work right now as they are GPU Accelerated. Phones and Tablets don't currently support this.
In order to test this game we require the email you use with your android device so that we can add you to our list of testers and you can download our Alpha Game.
If you would like to apply for this alpha please send an email to us over at email@example.com with the email you use and the model of your tablet or smartphone.
Hope to hear from you soon!