Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time and interest in reading this thread. I've broken down the opening topic of this thread for easier reading. Before I get started, let me give you a very brief background about myself.
I'm a Java Application Developer. I focus primarily on the business logic of a multitier (client-server) architecture:
About what I'm doing which is related to this thread:
I'm gearing up to make a cross platform Instant Messenger Client & Server. This is purely for educational reasons. I am confident I have what I need to commit myself for this project on a Windows/Linux/Mac environment.
Where I could use your help:
I would like (preferably from someone who's already done it) to give me an idea of what I will need to successfully create a client to server application on an Android mobile device. There are some requirements, so in finer clarity:
- The APIs must be scalable with JOGL for later projects.
- The APIs must be easily integrated with Eclipse IDE (no Netbeans IDE please).
- I want to avoid Game Engines like jMonkey as these remove the education value of what I'm aiming for.
- I would like something that's standard for businesses, like Java ME for starters.
- I need to know the business model just like mine listed above for multitier architecture.
If anyone could answer these questions, you would be doing me a great service, and saving me hours if not days of doing the research myself. If I'm going to recreate the wheal, I really want to confine it in the development, and not the designing aspect of SDLC. Many thanks in advance.
Oh, and please... while I have respect for other languages, please do not make comments about using a different language. Thank you!
NOTE: I am not in any rush for an answer. With that said, if someone is trying to research the design aspect of this request, and than implement it to verify and for their own learning before answering this inquiry, than kudos to you.