I would like to present the game I am working on right now: it's a 2D farming game, loosely inspired by the Harvest Moon series, being developped in C# using the XNA framework.
The general goal as follows: you have X years of time to turn a piece of land into a well-prospering farm, by gathering enought money to pay the debt, and getting the people to accept you. There will also be side-goals, and after the main goal of the game is won the player is able to keep playing, otherwise the farm is lost
What do I have so far:
- A lot of spaghetti code
- A map engine [pixel-based movement, the character actually waves his arms when he's walking!]
- Inventory system with adding/removing/dragging items and a hotbar
- Time system with day/night cycle, months, years
- Functional tools [Shovel/Hoe, Bucket/Watering Can, Axe, Hammer, Seeds, fence etc.]
- Basic particle system for the digging/cutting/etc effects [to help in fighting the urge to puke after seeing the same animation played for the 1000th time]
- Planting/growing routine [the plants grow only in the daylight, and if properly watered]
How does it look like:
Edit: Added some simple shadows under the player, trees and bushes
Changed the grass, soil etc. tonation to make it a bit brighter
I'm not really that good with graphics [the road looks like it's made of planks, and the character is ugly], so any constructive criticism welcome!