First of all I would like to point that this is my first post on the forums.
I am currently taking a degree in Computer Science an IT with the OU and I need some help regarding what modules to choose in my year two. Currently I am finishing the 1st year and after that I can choose a specialisation modules. I have always been interested in programming, and besides the Uni degree I am also taking a Game Institute course (http://www.gameinstitute.com/), currently doing the C++ stuff.
On the second year I have to do 120 credits, and modules available are:
Object-oriented Java programming (M250) (30 credits) and Software development with Java (M256) (30 credits). -- they belong to the Software development pathway.
To complement your chosen specialism, you can either choose a second specialism to focus your studies on areas that are of most interest to you:
- Digital technologies – Communication and information technologies (T215) (60 credits)
- Networking – Cisco networking (CCNA) (T216) (60 credits)
- Solutions development – Designing applications with Visual Basic (MT264) and Web technologies (TT284) (30 credits each).
Or alternatively you may choose any two individual 30-credit modules from those listed above or the 30-credit modules below:
- Algorithms, data structures and computability (M269)
- Accreditation of Certificated Practitioners 2 (TM227)
- Change, strategy and projects at work (T227)
- IT project and service management (M258).
Here is the link from where the info was taken from http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/pathways/q62-12.htm
What do you guys think and what are the best choices for game programming?