As the first step made a simple Pong game, both to get a bit of practice and to have a nice code foundation for future projects. I've used SDL2 and a tiny bit of sdl2_mixer, just to get the hang of it.
I'm quite happy with the code, although I guess some things could have been done better, eg. file structure. The only thing I really don't like is how I had to divide paddle's input functions to InputRight() and InputLeft(), but I didn't know any other good way of doing this (aside from making subclasses for left and right paddle, which didn't seem worth the effort to me).
(it's also my first time using Git, I hope I didn't mess anything up)
Regarding SDL, I have a few small "I have no idea why this happens" issues, mostly regarding toggling fullscreen with SDL_SetWindowFullscreen. For convenience, I've written these in my repo's "issues" section.