Here are some news about my little project which can be tested here: Clash of the Daemons.
- We can now move and attack at the same time. More generally, the input handling has been improved with implementation of multiple commands assignement for a keystroke as well as a delay before repeat.
- We can go back to the title screen after the game over.
- Behaviors can now be assembled together.
- High-level behaviors have been redesigned, especially ranged attack and hit-and-run.
- A new behavior, sneak attack, has been implemented (Fig. 2).
- A character (pawn) can have a set of weapons (inventory). Current weapons are claw (melee) and fireballs (ranged). Only one weapon can be active at a time. Each weapon has a charging time (time needed before activation), an activation time (time the weapon is active as well as its effects) and a cooldown time (time during which the weapon is unsusable).
- Key mapping has been changed accordingly. CTRL to attack, and TAB to switch to the next weapon.
- Debugging mode has been improved. These following informations can be displayed: FPS, grid, velocity vector, obstacle detector, hitbox, collisions, simplified sprites (Fig. 3).
- Improved the build process with the automation of graphical assets compilation (mainly the spritesheet).
- Title screen has been updated and improved a little bit (Fig 1.)
- Attack animations run to their last frame.
- A memory leak in the AI module has been fixed.
- When the player loses a life, the HP bar now updates accordingly.
- Monsters will not be spawned at the same location of another game object anymore.
Fig. 1: Title screen
Fig. 2: Sneak attack behavior
Fig. 3: Displaying debug mode informations
There is a lot of room for improvements (and bug fixes! ) of course.
Still, if there is anyone serious enough interested in this project, for improving its game design, gameplay, graphics, sounds, musics, background story, programming also, feel free to contact me.