What would you be willing to trade in order to get your ideal job in whatever field you wanted in the gaming industry? Would you pay? If so, how much? Work for free? Move across the world? Leave your friends behind? Quit gaming so much?
I am curious to see how bad people want to be in the industry, because I know that I would have done almost anything to make games because that is what I've wanted to do since I was a child. It will put things into perspective of what you are willing to do and how far you are willing to go to get into the field you want.
Be creative, it could be anything and a combination of things.
The following are examples:
- I'd give up playing video games to be able to make them.
- I'd pay XXXX dollars to be able to get and keep a job in the game industry.
- I'd give up partying.
- I'd give my life savings to get a job in the game industry
- I'd spend as much time as it took to do whatever it took to get the job.
- I'd move across the world.
- I'd give up my friends
- I wouldn't give up anything I'm doing to get a job in the industry.
- I'd give up meat.
- I'd go to college
For me, I would probably: Move across the country, pay half of my life savings (as long as I was guaranteed to eventually make it back), or pay like $75 a month forever or something, I'd ditch MOST of my friends (they probably need to be ditched anyway), I'd learn a new language, I'd start from the bottom and work my way to where I needed to be, I'd work 12+ hour work weeks, and probably amputate one of my little toes, in order to get the job I've always wanted in the game industry.