Hi, I'm very new in game coding but I do program in C++.
I'm going to make a game with our group next 2 years. I'm somehow advanced in 3D Max, So I not only have to help our group to program the game but I also have to make 3D models. One of us know C# a bit. And I don't plan to use any other language as the game is related to my university lessons and all of the lessons are about C++ (to the time I'm writing this post).
Due to the things I said, I want to download/buy a game engine that:
1) has superb graphics and physics
2) supports C++ and 3DsMax objects AND 3DMax animations. OR (that's really important) supports C++ and is capable of animating and creating 3D models just like 3DsMax or easier (faster 3D modelling) than 3DsMax.
And my last must-have option for the game engine I want to download/buy is:
3)Exporting, I mean I want my game be played not only in PC, but in Android (other platforms are not necessary but are magnificent to be supported by the game engine).
4) Some additional stuff that is good if the game engine has them:
- We want good graphics for the game and we want our game playable in PC and Android.
- We are looking for a game engine that does most things it self (in order to save time)
Note: I found Unity is superb (although it doesn't support C++ completely, we can do something with C#) yet it's graphics are too low and it has The nVidia Physics that means people who has AMD graphics cards won't like my game. Unreal on the other hand don't support some multiplayer code stuffs and I was told it doesn't support C++ at all yet it has superb graphics. Cry Engine seems it'll make us cry as we are noob in game programming and the game engine is really advanced. Then I have no idea what game engine to choose, Please help me to choose a prefect game engine.
We're also noob in C++ coding that's why I said we want to make a game next 2 years.
We're not sponsored, we don't have even a little money, so we want to finish it with the most economic way.
Thanks for taking your time for reading this.
I'm looking forward for your answers.