1) What was the first programming language you studied?
2) Did you have any Computer Science background before your first language (ie: boolean algebra, memory organisation, algorithms)?
3) The first language you studied was it self-taught, formal instruction, or both?
4) Was the Computer-Science background self-taught, formal instruction, or both?
5) When you started to study Computer Science did it help your understanding of the language you first learned?
Not specifically that language, no.
6) What kind of environment did you first program in (ie: the IDE or text editor, and the OS)?
Text editor, early Windows environment.