Nice graphics and enemies. Some constructive criticism:
- At least on Kongregate, the view is very small: on my screen, about 5 cm wide. The unusually tall aspect ratio has significant gameplay potential, and I don't suggest changing it; but you can host your game in a way that allows fullscreen display.
- Tapping space to shoot is completely inappropriate for a basic "pea-shooter"; please implement automatic fire with the two benefits of preventing RSI and controlling the player's available firepower (as opposed to letting fast tappers shoot too intensely).
- Low contrast between the light grey clouds and the light grey player airplane. Both look good individually, but (since the size of everything is too small) I'm unable to see the airplane well enough to dodge. Consider a recolor of the airplane.
Thank you for the feedback! Sorry for taking so long to respond.
Regarding auto-fire: It was an intentional design decision to leave this out, as it supports the style we are going for. However, the fire key will be moved to the more easily pressed "Z" key and I will investigate the code to make sure that there is a limit to how fast you can fire your weapons.
I've put together a list of changes and created a Trello board for them. I'll post them here as well though
- Double the Game's Dimensions
- Recolor your Warplane Blue
- Change Attack Key to Z
- Add "Press Z" Message to Game Over Screen
- Plane-to-Plane Collision
- Press Escape to Return to the Menu
- Add a Version Number to the Menu
- Add Music Credits