From the website, emphasis mine:
- Programming shouldn't suck. This underlies all other principles of the language.
- Make it easy to do the right thing, and hard to do the wrong thing.
- Get out of the programmer's way as much as possible.
- Repeating yourself and stating the obvious are both equally grave sins.
- Conventional modes of thought only deserve to live insofar as they enhance productivity.
- Provide escape hatches to permit things that are gross but necessary.
And yet, the language is not a Lisp! Something is wrong here...