[Development][Intro][Hooded] Hooded revival in Python + Pygame
Programming Python Pygame Hooded Development Whiteboard
Hello all! It's been a while (scratch that, a long time) since I've posted, or even been active on gamedev.net! Why? Because of Computer Science Courses over Algorithms and me working on my best project yet: Hooded!
Long-time readers will remember Hooded. It was a failed 2D Platformer I programmed more than a year ago in C++. It was the game I always wanted to make. The idea was essentially:
- A 2D Platformer with Fluid Movement
- Semi-Smart AI
- Multiple levels where you get too acquire new swords with different stats (RPG-ish)
- A Smart / Reusable Interface (A pygame engine)
Before starting, I also pinpointed what it was that made my first project to fail. Canonically, it was;
- Lack of Experience.
- A misunderstanding of programming good and extendable interfaces.
- Not having a whiteboard.
- Not having two monitors.
- Not having a good computer.
I just watched the video and I sound 12 years old. The joys of laptop microphones !
What do you think about Hooded? Do you have any ideas that I can implement. Once I add content, I'm going to be fairly content with it (See what I did there)!