Oh, your code structure isn't pefect?
The problem with me creating stuff, generally, is that I am a perfectionist. And that doesn't only apply to the outcome but also the process of making something. Countless times I've looked at my projects and thought to myself; "That's a complete mess.." even though it was probably just fine. And this project is not an exception.
I've redesigned and restructured the game code quite a few times, trying different ways I can put together namespaces, projects and classes to achieve a structure I'm genuinely satisfied with. And I've come to the conclusion that that is a total time waster (newsflash). So moving from XNA to MonoGame, or being even more ambitious and moving to SharpDX, will be the time I think the structure through thoroughly and just stick with it.
As XNA's future doesn't look too bright I've decided to migrate to MonoGame, which also gives me the opportunity to port to Linux and a variety of other platforms as well when the time comes, or SharpDX which will be a lot tougher but might give me a bit more insight into DirectX development. So the current milestone I'm facing is just moving the game over to MonoGame or SharpDX and get it up and running. If I decide to go with MonoGame I will try to check out what has to be done to get it running on Linux and Mac and see if it's worth the work right now.
In other news, I actually got some very... dull I guess, screenshots to show off.
All graphics (except the message list) is courtesy of Oryx (http://oryxdesignlab.com/).
Hopefully, next time I've moved over to MonoGame / SharpDX and have settled down on a code structure and can get into adding some real features!