Jump to content

Recent Comments

May 2017 »

28 293031   

Squared'D's Journal

4: Adsense

How about UNICODE and UTF-8

My Thought Process

I've been thinking this over for a while. Right now, my game engine and GUI do most things in USC-2. USC-2 is a 16 bit version of UNICODE and it can encode the values for all of the most common UNICODE characters. I think these days, Windows supports UTF-16 as well. I started to use it because I do most of my work on Windows, and thi...

Project B - 2013-07-30 Update -- She Moves!

I just wanted to post a quick update. The female running animation is in. It still needs some tweaking, but it's starting to come along quite nicely now.


Project B - 2013-07-29 Update Animations

Things have been going a little slower than I had originally expected, but things have really been picking up. I've got models loading and animating. Next I'll start putting levels back in, work on some networking code, and the add model attachments. Here's my updated schedule.


Project B - 2013-07-23 Update -- Models (with screen shots)

Project B - 2013-07-23 Update -- Models (with screen shots)

Re-adding models has been more difficult than expected. I guess I've changed things more than I had originally thought. As I was working on the model system, I decided to knock a few things off of my to-do list. I use an component-based entity system. Before, the graphics data and the other in...

Project B - 2013-07-17 Update

Project B - 2013-07-17 Update

Progress has been going well though a bit slower than I had expected. I'm still behind after spending more than a week working on this problem. (direct-x-11-problems-on-windows-8-laptop ). I've gotten a lot of work done. You can take a look at the current state of things.


Doing It On Paper

Doing It On Paper

Work has been going well these days, but I've decided to take a break from the standard progress report and tell one of my lessons learned stories.

In school programming courses (high school or college), students are often forced to look at programs, trace, the flow of execution and write the programs output. This seems like a trivia...

Project B - 2013-07-08 Update

2013-07-08 Update

Progress has been going at a good pace, albeit a little more slowly than I had thought. The code that the entire engine runs on has changed, and I've been trying to slowly reintegrate everything. A lot of the low-level graphics code is done. That last little tech demo that I did may not have looked like much, but there were a lot of t...

Project B - More On The Update and Post-Processing Framework

Engine Post-Processing Framework

I feel really bad about my last post. I feel like I made it too quickly and I did a poor job of explaining things. Because of this, I'm going to try to explain things a little better.I want to give more details of what is in the demo that I posted earlier. Though I talk a lot about the GUI, actually the first thing that...

Project B - 2013-07-03 Update (with download)

Project B Update

Progress has been going well. I'm kinda sorta keeping up with my schedule. I got a little behind because of a bug that shows up on some laptops (WIN 8 LAPTOP BUG ) so I had to postpone some GUI things. I originally used the DXUT GUI for all of my GUI needs, but I've since re-made the GUI from scratch in my effort to one day go multi-pla...

Project B - New Project

Project B

Hello all. I've been working hard on putting the graphics-less game together and I'm going to continue to work on it, but work will go a little slower as I'm starting to work on a new game project. I've already developed a 3D multi-player game engine that was used for my last IGF entry shown here (Genesis SEED) , but these days I've been do...