Struggling ... what are the next steps
crossroad decisions language goals tutorials library bleh
for some reason my brain does not work the way I want it to work right now.
Guess work plays a role, it feels like a thought deadlock :-/ ... so here is a braindump for personal clarity.
I don't even know if I have posted something similar recently.
Probably the conflicting goals are one problem:
- I want to finish something asap ... 100% and polish it ... don't even know why.
- I want to apply lean startup principles and become an indie developer ... but I guess I am too chicken to ever actually do that.
- I would like to write tutorials ... guess that is something I should forget about until there is actual demand. Right now I might have a hard time striking a nerve. Guess I should focus on writing Journal entries that are somewhat interesting instead ...
- There are several things that I would like to use for my projects that do not exist yet. I kinda want to develop those as libraries, but I know that takes some doing and I would spend years on those projects.
- I want to study stuff and apply what I learn. Using Voronoi Diagrams, Bezier curves, differnt kinds of algorithms etc in innovative ways sounds like fun ...
- I want to create cool, actual games.
- I want to create tools (a Content Studio that uses Procedural Content Generation).
- I want to develop for Desktop PCs and Android ... but also get into web development with HTML5 and Web GL / Web CL.
- I would like to team up with people, but again, I guess that is something that does not make sense right now.
- I want the convenience and clarity of Java ... but also the control over memory management for features like Blender style RNA file loading / memory management.
- Overly traditional game development without an innovation factor (I want PCG in there and something unique).
- Invest a lot of time in learning a complex framework and figuring out particularities of existing software.
... wellll ...
nah braindumping did not help. I still don't know if I want to go for Java, C++/SDL or Web GL first ...