Well, during my lunch Tuesday I realized that I had spent a bit of time rewriting content...and ended up switching two of the character's stories around. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but one of said characters was Daniel, so almost all of the dialogue was off. I think I have everything corrected, but I'm going to put the new release off until Friday.
For one, as I obviously didn't test the last two releases very well before getting them out, I want to take the time to play through multiple times once I have the new content all in place. I'm also working on finishing up the UI changes. Tonight I focused on the inventory bar; there is a new option:
There are 3 modes that the inventory bar supports: static (the same as it has been), sliding (when the mouse enters the inventory bar it slides out and when it leaves, it slides in), and locking (when you click on the inventory bar without clicking a scrolling button or an inventory slot it will pop in/out):
The scrolling isn't quite in yet; the buttons work but the backend still needs to be done. Beyond that, the only other thing I'd like to do for it is see if I left myself some way to change a control's theme so that when the inventory is set to static it doesn't have the background or 'Inventory' text. Then I need to add scrolling to the load/save screen and all of the UI elements will be up to date.
There is one issue (that I know of) in the save system: if your save isn't a supported version and you try to save a game with the same name it tells you that one already exists. I just need to add a check to see if the existing file is old and if so, overwrite it (or maybe it would be preferential to rename it.)
One other thing I'm really focusing on at the moment is how I want to handle the chapters. I originally stated that I wanted to treat them as downloadable content, but I'm not sure how to handle that as I do plan on charging for the chapters. I'm not really worried about pirating or anything, but I really don't want people to be able to just download a copy and start distributing it. There is also the issue of the auto updater now, though I think I know how to handle that (it'd require an installer, but just for the 'update'.) I don't know; I'm still mulling over it.
Anyway, I will be putting the new release up this Friday evening barring me breaking everything (which we all know is a very good possibility.) This will more than likely be the last release for a while (until I get some art from an artist) as I want to move on to chapter 1 content and it's very hard to keep two sets of files up to date. This is something I'm definitely looking in to resolving in a better way.
It is time for bed.