Game Jolt C# API, Game Save Service, new art for Aaron James, and 1GAM Update
Game Jolt 1GAM C# API
As I stated in my comments in the last entry, my CodePlex project for Game Jolt C# API and Game Jolt Services is now published: http://gamejolt.codeplex.com/
I will point out:
- I have not tested the code heavily yet; I'm currently laying the groundwork and then in my March game I will hopefully be doing some rigorous testing.
- I am not very experienced with asynchronous/multi-threaded programming; I have run into a few small issues and have tested the async calls even less (though, they have been tested.)
- I hate Android UI development, so the Android build has been tested the least. Once I get a license for Mono for Android I will begin testing more rigorously there as well.
I've added a new service to the GameJoltServices API: Game Save Service. This simplifies syncing game saves between local and cloud storage. Simply put, you request a list of game saves and the service determines whether the local or remote copy is the proper version; if it is the remote copy, it is cached locally. Sadly I do not have an example for this service yet; I originally was going to use the services in my January and February game, but I've decided to wait until our March game.
The Mysterious Life of Aaron James
New artwork is being worked on for Aaron James. Here are some WIP pieces that I received:
1GAM February Game
Not much has changed for the February game. I spent a little bit of time the other night working on creating new car sprites:
I need to improve the UI and mechanics some, but I plan on deploying the first release this weekend.
As with the January game I will be releasing themes for a dollar on SellBox; so far I am planning on a space and underwater theme for this.
1GAM March Game
I'm getting a little ahead of myself and spreading myself a little thin, but I've also started working on my March game. The project is based on a short story that I'm writing and will be released in the form of a roguelike. I still have some more work to do on the short story, but here is a shot of the engine:
And here is a shot of the app I'm using to test my (WIP) dungeon generator (only corridors so far; working on rooms now and then I'll start filling things in):
I don't want to give too much away, but I will say it is a post-apocalyptic game, there will be perma-death and procedural buildings, and it may or may not be the precursor to another project I have planned.
Anyway, my lunch hour is over so it is back to work for me.