Been out of touch lately. The wife and I bought a house. Spent the last several weeks painting, ripping out all the old nasty carpet from 1982, tearing out hideous yellow linoleum and wallpaper, pulling out the upstairs bathtub and toilet, etc... Had to cut the top layer of the subfloor in a couple spots to fix moisture damage stemming from the leaking tub and toilet flange. It hasn't been a huge job, but it has been a medium huge job. The house overall is in relatively good shape, just suffering from a few years of neglect. In the meantime, I haven't done any programming at all. Every day my schedule is the same: up at 5, go to work. Home at 3, start hammering on stuff. In bed at 11:30. Saturdays, I can start hammering stuff at 12:30 instead of 3:00. I've gotten the new wood flooring lain in all rooms except the bathroom, and we've fully moved in. If I can get the tub in this evening, it will be just in time for the in-laws to show up and stay for a month. My wife is scheduled to deliver our second kid next Thursday via scheduled C-section. As you can see, the timing is gonna be super tight.
I've been building the latest version of GC on top of the Urho3D library. So far, it's been working out great. Out of curiosity to see what's happening, I checked out the latest SVN of Urho3D. To my delight, they've included a Lua binding. Woo hoo! To my dismay, however, they've upgraded to SDL 2.0 and somehow in the process have broken my ability to build with MinGW. I had hacked the CMakeLists and done a few things so that I was able to build a D3D9 version under MinGW, but it seem like trying to compile the new SDL is looking for headers that belong to the Windows SDK, which I don't have installed. Doing a full revert of the repository, erasing all of my edits, still won't even manage to build an OpenGL version anymore (as the default behavior is for MinGW) since SDL is still looking for those headers. I don't really have a whole lot of time to spend in the evenings trying to fix this build process, and I'm not going to install Visual Studio or the Windows SDK, so I'm kind of stuck. I'll probably revert back to the 2D backend built on top of Irrlicht for further development, at least until I can figure out how to fix my build.
I'm nearing the end of the home improvement stuff. Need to finish the bathroom, finish a bit more baseboard trim, then I want to paint the exterior. After that, it's yard work which I can complete at my leisure. Maybe then I'll have time to work on a few projects I've got going.