Still rambling about self-hosting
Down to 9 tests in the compiler suite that still need some love before they will pass.
For those not keeping score at home, this means that 58 out of 67 compiler tests are passing in the Epoch implementation of the Epoch compiler. In other words, Epoch is getting very, very close to being able to compile itself.
- The compiler in C++, not including standard library headers, operating system headers, and Boost dependencies: about 39,000 lines of code
- The size of the compiler's Epoch implementation, in its entirely - i.e. every data structure, library function, dependency, and so forth: about 9,000 lines of code
- Passing compiler tests: 58
- Failing compiler tests: 9
- Months since self-hosting began: 5
- Number of major features remaining: 3
- Number of programmers working on this project: 1
- Number of vulgarities in the compiler source code: 0
- Number of vulgarities uttered while writing compiler source code:
Exception: 64-bit integer overflow. Check that the value you specified is not too large to be stored in 64-bits (!)