3D Modeller Progress
So sure, I've not posted for a while but been very busy actually, just not felt the urge to put a journal up for some reason but reached a good milestone today on my pet project so thought I'd start to try to drum up a bit of interest.
Charm (Character Modeller) is a Milkshape inspired low-polygon 3D model editor and animation package. Think Milkshape with a modern interface and additional features and you're almost there.
I've already finished the modelling tools and have just completed the skeleton animation system. I've not yet set up vertex skinning - that's next on the list, but the existing feature set is quite complete apart from that.
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Automatic reflection of model across an axis (with smoothing of joining vertices)
- Animation based on rotation and translation key frames and interpolation
- Usual set of model tools (move, scale, rotate, extrude edges/faces etc)
- Usual modellng operations (weld, split, split edge, snap together etc)
- All views fully customizable
- All views fully free-rotatable, including orthographic views (significant improvement on Milkshape)
- All views fully editable, including perspective views (significant improvement on Milkshape)
- Fully customizable keyboard shortcut system for all actions, selections etc
Doesn't matter though, mainly written for my own use and for fun. Will need some models now I've started getting somewhere with 3D physics.