Well, I have made back most of what i have lost, although I'm not 100% sure I like what I have, it is working for the most part. I started working on a deferred rendering demo, but since I had never used textures as render targets, I have a bit of infrastructure to build up. Juggling resources between 2 levels(soon to be 3) of direct x, as well as OGL, is a huge pita. If anyone has tips feel free to comment.
I've also been working on a test level in blender, that will be a larger platform to display the techniques I've been working on, Including shadow maps, mirrors, deferred shading, as well as test physics interaction. I should have more on this in the coming weeks.
Over the weekend I spent quite a bit of time converting a project previously using GDI to use my framework, and while It fails in someways to my previous version(which was lost in the memory stick incident) I'm optimistic about some new ideas I had for it. One thing that currently has me buggered is wireframe drawing. I've cleared the depth after drawing the mesh solid, because I was having Z fighting with some of the lines, but I think I need to adjust depth bias instead, as clearing the buffer results in pixels that should be occluded being drawn(front facing sections of concave areas of the hull)