Just a typical journal update. Just got home from dropping my sister and her boyfriend off at the airport; they're going up north to a wedding. Anyway, I compiled KDE for my linux install while I slept, and I'm in it now. Pretty sleek, as usual.
Time to find some documentation on the Maya API or Mel scripts; I've got to write an exporter. Well, that's all for now.
Day in, day out. Another usual day for Mike. Well, it was pretty good, but nothing special. I woke up and my RAM had come. Sweet sweet RAM. I installed it and ran memtest86. Thankfully there were no errors in the module. After that I did some sitting, then some eating, then some more sitting.
After the extensive lounging around, my buddies and I discussed our mead brewing plans. mmmm...mead. Yeah, we do odd things. Most of 'em fall through, but only after we've tried them a few times (like making maille, smithing).
I did actually get some work done on the engine. It's shaping up nicely.
Edit: After reading this I discovered how crappy the entry was. I will leave it as a reminder that caffeine is not a complete substitute for sleep.
For some reason when I first bought my cell phone a number of months ago I thought it would be a good idea to enable password protection (that is, the phone would not turn on until the correct password is entered). I never had any problems with it, until this morning. The first thing I do (for some reason or another) when I wake up is turn on my cell phone. In an odd happening I could not remember my password. Well, after the third incorrect entry the phone suddenly locked (I should've RTFM'd). Long story short, I had to call tech support (two different companies, a number of times) to get the activation code to unlock the damn thing. Needless to say, I promptly disabled the password feature.
In development news, I haven't done any today. I did some thinking about what libraries to use, but no actual development. My engine is OpenGL based, and I've been thinking whether to use GLslang (which I like very much), or Cg (which I like much less) for compatibility reasons. Currently I am thinking about just going with Cg.
After looking at my horrendous first journal entry, which no one probably read (thankfully), I decided to try and write up a real entry.
So I was bootstrapping Gentoo--a nice, clean, fresh install for the ol' second hard drive. Suddenly, like a knife through my heart--Segmentation Fault. This being a computer issue, and me being a programmer, I try again and see if that damn segfault would return. It did.
After some running of memtest86 with my different memory modules I determined I had a faulty module, and decided to RMA it. My replacement module should be coming soon--but not soon enough.
In other news, I actually did a spot o' work on the engine. Hopefully I'll get something substantial done soon. Hopefully.