Indie developer Black Lodge Games has spent the last 6 years working on an epic science fiction role playing game called Daath Galaxy. Now with IndieGoGo, the developer is trying to find funding to do full voice acting for the entire game. The first trailer of the game was recently unveiled to not only make people aware of the game itself, but also to make people aware that Daath Galaxy is now on both Steam Greenlight as well as IndieGoGo.com.
Latest screenshot: Action RPG When Playing Directly As Your Character
Here's an early alpha screenshot from Daath Galaxy of your character fighting a monster. Inside of ships, on planets, in cities or starbases, the game plays kind of like Secret of Mana meets Double Dragon: Neon, of course with the art style as shown in this ALPHA screenshot.
Latest Screenshot: Turned Based RPG With a Twist, When Engaged in Ship VS Ship Combat
Here's an early alpha screenshot from Daath Galaxy, so it does not reflect the final building quality of the game. In this screenshot, we see some of the ship turn based combat. It's like if you took Super Mario RPG mechanics and mixed it with FTL.
- GAME STATUS: Early Alpha
- START DATE: Full time since February 17, 2013, part time since May 2008.
- CURRENT COMPLETION GOAL: 2015
- GENRE: Action RPG (as character) Turned based RPG (In ship combat)
- PROGRAMMING: 90% completed (only polishing, quest specific logic, & mini-games left)
- WRITING: 75% (back story & main questlines completed, side quests in progress)
- DIALOG: 1% (dialog still needs to be put into manuscript form & recorded, but waiting for writing to be at 100% before assembling the voice team)
- MUSIC: 75% (30 out of the 40 songs needed are finished)
- SOUND FX: 25% (a lot of basic sound effects are completed, but most battle & misc sound effects are lacking)
- ART ASSETS: 60% (space scenes are 100%, but NPCs, planet surfaces, cities, & inside of ships all need a lot work)
- LEVEL COMPLETION: 55% (The game world is fully defined, but not yet fully actualized.)
- MINI-GAMES: 35% (Most of the mini-games are fully fleshed out, but lack assets or programming)
Are You Interested?
If this game looks cool, and you want to play it, then please considering funding us with even $1 at IndieGoGo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/daath-galaxy-fully-voiced-open-world-sci-fi-rpg/x/8262798 and bookmark http://daathgalaxy.com friend me here on Steam and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Indiedb.com. Also, join our Steam community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/daathgalaxy or just search for "Daath Galaxy" in Groups. Anyone who shows a real interest will definitely have a beta invitation for later this winter.
40 Song Original Soundtrack!
In other news, you can listen to 5 songs from Daath Galaxy right now (out of the 40+ songs that are in the game.) You can listen to all 4 songs here now: