About this blog
With just a few simple steps, you can sit down to control or shut down your computer remotely.
According to AddictiveTips, we live in a connected world, especially between devices we use everyday with home appliances. Once you have owned the devices that can communicate with each other, you can access the needed information, as well as remotely controlling almost anything.
If you want to shut down your computer from your phone, that's entirely possible because your phone and computer can "talk" to each other. You only need to install the right dedicated application for this.
Turn off your computer with iPhone
There are many applications that allow you to shut down your computer from your smartphone. If your phone is an iPhone, you can use Off Remote. This app has a free and paid version for iOS. The free version includes ads and does not allow you to schedule a shutdown. However, if your need is just to shutdown the computer from the phone, it can completely help you. The desktop version of Off Remote is free.
Download Off Remote for Windows or Mac , and install it. You do not need to configure any parameters on the software. You just need to make sure your computer and your phone are connected to the same internet.
On the iPhone, you install the Remote Application and open it. It will automatically find your computer if the Off Remote application on the computer is running. Select your computer and then issue off, lock, sleep, hibernate, and restart (restart your computer). ) By clicking the corresponding buttons on the application interface.
A countdown timer will appear on the computer before the shutdown command is executed. If you do not like it, you can turn it off.
Turn off your computer from your Android phone
Shutting down your computer from an Android phone is easy if your computer is running Windows. If you use a Mac and own an Android device, you will have fewer choices.
With Android phone, you can use Unified Remote. Download the Unified Remote Server for Windows or Mac here , and install the Android application here. This app also has an iOS version and if you do not like the option above, you can use it.
Unified Remote can accomplish the purpose of shutting down the machine, but its main function is remote computer control. Therefore, it has many options as well as quite annoying ads. You can upgrade to a paid version to remove ads if you wish.
Run the Unified Remote Server application on your computer, and then open the Unified Remote application on your phone. Select your computer and then select the Power option. Here, you may be able to shutdown, restart, sleep (sleep) or hibernate (hibernate).
The one-and-only remote control app for your computer. Turns your device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal remote control for Windows PC, Mac and Linux. Be lazy, you deserve it! Preloaded with support for 90+ programs including mouse & keyboard, media players, presentations, screen mirroring, power control, file manager, terminal, and much more.
“Fantastic tool for those of you who want to have a remote control for their computer for watching TV, or maybe for listening to music.” – Gizmodo
• Easy server and app setup, that just works.
• Automatic server detection to easily find servers on your network.
• Server password protection and encryption for added security.
• Supports single and multi-touch mouse control.
• Wake On LAN to easily start your server.
• Includes light and dark color themes.
• Server is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• Control other devices including Raspberry Pi and Arduino Yún.
• 18 free remotes
Full Version Features
• 90+ remotes
• Floating Remotes (use remotes over other apps)
• Custom Remotes
• Widgets & Quick Actions
• Voice commands
• Custom remotes
• IR actions
• NFC actions
• Android Wear (Quick Actions, Voice & Mouse)
• No upgrade hints
Mouse, Keyboard, Screen, Volume, and more.
Spotify, iTunes, Google Music, Winamp, etc.
VLC, BSPlayer, Windows Media Player, PotPlayer, etc.
Kodi (XBMC), Plex, Windows Media Center, Boxee, etc.
YouTube, Netflix, Hulu
PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Presentation
Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera
Power, Monitor, Files, Task Manager, Commands, etc.
Note that some remotes are not available for all operating systems.
• system alert window: for floating remotes.
• read phone status: for auto-pause when receiving calls.
• control NFC: for NFC actions.
• full network access: for server connection.
• view network connections: for server connection.
• view Wi-Fi connections: for server connection.
• pair with Bluetooth devices: for server connection.
• control vibration: for optional haptic feedback.
• prevent phone from sleeping: for optional wake-lock.
• transmit infrared: for IR remote control.
• install shortcuts: for launcher shortcuts.
Improved navigation flows.
Lots of bug fixes and overall improvements.
Fixed Quick Actions icons becoming too small.
Upgrade to full version to remove ads.
Entries in this blog
No blog entries have been created