Here it is ! The Lego spaceship is complete. It did not take me too much time. The complete model is made of more than 2000 pieces.
I included in the Album some details on how the different parts are made. It went quite well even if I had some difficulties with the assembly of the secondary reactor (dark grey thing at the bottom): with the cockpit it is heavy and was not very well connected to the sides. I changed a few parts to make the link more efficient. The only problem left is that the wings are also too heavy for the way they are attached to the sides. I wanted the link to be close to the way it is done in my original 3D model. Maybe I will change it later. For now, I have to move it by holding the wings.
I also have to find a place to put it. The table of the living room would be a good choice but I don't think my wife will agree... It will probably finish on top of the Ghostbusters headquarter until we find a bigger house to store all the Lego we have
A post a bit special as it is not about my game project (https://www.gamedev.net/projects/4-shoot/), hence the blog to which I am posting this. But still, it will look familiar to someone that saw a few screenshots...
The central parts are in the prototyping state. I just finished building the side blocs above the wings. The completed sections are made of nearly 760 parts. The process I am following is:
- prototype a section with the parts my children have. My own models are on shelves (not glued) so I am not using them,
- re-create the section on the computer at http://www.mecabricks.com sometimes with better parts than the one I have used for the prototype,
- export the parts list to https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page to buy them so I can give back the parts to my children,
- enjoy the assembly.
I do not know how long it will take to get this thing done (delivery charges increase the cost a lot so I have to delay the purchase a bit) but I hope it will be finished before the end of the year...