I changed the logo screen (just something to play with timed events and alpha-fade-effect code) to be dynamically rendered text rather than loading a 1600x1200 png which was simply text on black. Loads much faster now, though that was a good test of the threaded loading code.
Speaking of that threaded loading code, I found and fixed a bug that the change unearthed. When the threaded loader returns, it pushes the texture it loaded to requestors. If no requestors exist [the programmer had essentially sent a pre-loading request] the code would store the texture, and set a timed event [which is a renderable object] to clean it up if it hadn't been used in 2 mins.
Well, if that was triggered at just the wrong time it would interrupt a foreach in the middle of iteration, and blow everything up. Oops.
A few quick modifications to make the general out-of-order event queue threadsafe, and all fixed.