What's been done in the past days:
- added Shadix's interceptor
- added various turrets sizes ( light Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 ). The mesh is the one JoeB made ( Mk1, but scaled to fit the correct sizes ).
- attached turrets to all the ships. This includes the battleship: around 22 hardpoints.. going back and forth from 3ds Max to find the correct coordinates. Painful.
- JoeB sent an improved version of his battleship with more details, and a docking room with landing pads ( see screenshots or video ).
- added pitch/yaw angles to the turrets: they can now correctly rotate. It is possible to specify angles constraints ( min/max ) per turret.
- fixed collision bugs
- handling damage for breakable parts / fixed bugs with breakable parts
- started to assign physical parameters / hitpoints to the ships, and balance the values ( if you have your own ideas, there's a thread in the general forum of the website )
- Aarmstrong/Orion from the free Allegiance community have set up a server for the prototype. Since i didn't have any news from them in the past weeks, Adam proposed pretty much at the same time to host the prototype on his own dedicated server. That means that i now have 2 different servers (!) for the prototype. Well, better more than not enough, i guess.. and that'll still be useful to do performance tests on systems with very different specs. Thank you to all of you :)
Gameplay todo in the coming days:
- implement the concept of teams; assigning a battleship to a team
- handling the spawning of players
- handling the destruction of a ship + explosions
- battleship/mines turrets A.I.
- handling victory/defeat conditions for a team
Bugs ( you'll see them in the video ):
- sometimes lasers pass through surfaces. Easy to fix.
- the "spawn" position of a laser is the center of the turret, not the guns of the turret. Have to add the notion of gun on a turret :)
Video (20 MB Divx5):
( Note how in the middle screenshot the lancet looks small compared to this Mk4 turret :) )