So, when one is trying to overcome a problem like this, there are a few simple (at least, simple to my mind) things that one can do.
Step One: stop starting new things.
Step Two: finish things you have already started, and once you have the things you need to finish down to a level one can manage, then start something new.
So, I have decided not to start any new personal programming projects, so making an online pong game and making a really really good snake game have to wait.
But it just so happens that my 6809E emulator in C# is still an active project, so I can work on that.
still very rough. it allows the loading and saving of the machine's memory. it runs. The picture shows the following program running:
And yes, I did LDA #$00 instead of CLRA, because I wanted to try it with different initial values.
The display (seen in the picture) is memory mapped from $0400 to $05FF, and uses as a "font" the JetLag2003 bitmap.