Came up with an ok puzzle idea. Launch date is approaching, so I need to speed up majorly. That is all.
I got a basic effect running in the shader system. Here are some screenshots in no particular order:
Right is rendered with no shader
This one is rendered using sin() with the color and y texture coordinate multiplied by a value (100 for red, 200 for green, 300 for blue.)
This one is a little more advanced. I put a texture into the system and then use sin() to modify the texture's v coordinate by its u coordinate.
These were made using just the base shader class
Also got my screenshot system plugged in. Its customizeable (of course, what do I make that isn't.) You can specify the format of the filename using several tags:
Puts the string that the app passes in (useful for putting a
character's name in the screenshots filename or something like
Puts the date into the filename
Puts the time into the filename
Inserts the current screenshot index.
For example, the above screenshots use this format string:
Yea, its kind of useless, but this engine isn't being made to be useful =TH
Ok, so it is, but I find this feature pretty useful and it doesn't slow taking a screenshot down very much (I didn't notice and difference at all.)
On a side note - Microsoft needs to remove their redundant messages (i.e. ignoring rendundant state change), its slows everything down way bad (I'm getting a shitload of them, but thats probably because I'm using the shaders wrong or something.)