Well, I haven't gotten shit done on this due to a pretty wierd sequence of events:
- /me works on errors in the scripts I've done (changing 'this' to 'rebecca' when she's talking, spelling, and changing some dialogue)
- /me saves and figures I'll commit later
- /me works on debug console for a little while
- /me saves console and uploads to website
- /me has heartattack as computer makes horrible sound and shuts off
- /me tinkers with computer for a couple hours
- /me feels better as computer comes back on
- /me goes to commit changes and notices folder missing
- /me checks hard drive and about 5 programs, my documents, my music, Project2's folders, and DragonForgeTechnology folder is missing.
- /me has second heart attack
I have absolutely no idea what happened to my computer. I know I wasn't hacked because its happened before. I know it wasn't a power surge or anything because there was no flickering or anything from my light thats plugged into the same strip. I also know that its not because of overheating. So, this leaves bad memory, bad processor, bad harddrive, or ghosts. I'm going with ghosts since the only other time it happened was on a totally different computer with totally different hardware.
Anyway, I've got a fresh copy of the game as well as the documentation and I'm off and running, after this entry anyway.
This section is going bye-bye. Not because I'm not going to be working on it, but for the fact that I don't want to leak info on it and I don't have anything that I can really share about it ATM. So, it'll be back at a later date (probably after June 1st).
I've modified the console a lot since last night. I added a textured background, more than 10 lines, a cursor (mouse cursor, not a caret), changed the '|' to a ", and added scrolling.
I also added a couple built in commands:
#SetConsoleTextColor COLOR or rgb(r,g,b)
Sets the console's text color
#SetConsoleTextColor rgb(0, 100, 1)
#SetConsoleBkColor COLOR or rgb(r,g,b)
Sets the console's background color; blends with the texture.
Sets background to white and text to black (incase you accidentally set both to the same color
Changes the console's background texture.
#ShowConsoleBackground true or false
Removes/adds the console's background to the rendering loop.
I'm also going to be integrating DLL system into the console so that users can load their own commands (Users as in users of the library, not users of the game/software.) Thanks to Mushu for the idea!
Heres a quick screeny -
Yea, the background texture is horrible, but I never claimed to be an artist, did I? Oh shit, I did. Well, I only spent like 5 minutes on it, so there =TH.
You might notice that it looks different. Well, I had it set up using an off-center orthographic matrix, but for some reason it was strecting and stuff (causing my text to be out of place because its not using the matrix because I'm using ID3DXFont at the moment.) So, I switch to transformed vertices until I can code up a font engine.