The quadtree code is pretty much complete with each quad containing the subsectors and walls that fall in it. With that done I was able to reimplement the THINGS code. Now instead of having 30 animations per monster(with one timer per animation) only each monster "type" has the animations(stored as static) and each monster has a timer to keep track of the frame. So the "timer lag" I had is pretty much gone. I get about 40 FPS on most levels except for the insanely huge ones. Once the BSP tree and a proper scene manager get implemented we should see much better frame rates. Oh and I fixed some more wall texturing problems, God-damn wall textures seem to be a never ending problem.
Here are some screenshots I got while roaming around.
I've been thinking about making an IOTD seeing as I have plenty of screenshots, but I'd rather wait until I have some gameplay shots rather than a glorified level viewer.