The CEO from DC is starting a new company, called Firebrand Games I believe. The name was registered a couple of yers ago, but the company hasn't actually been properly formed. So, it'll be working in the same office, for the same hours and same pay, and probably the same projects, but with a smaller team. And I get travel expenses paid for me! Yay!
I still won't get the 5 weeks of pay I'm due, since this is a completely seperate company. I may get some money from the liquidation of DC UK, but who knows if/when that'll be.
So, back to getting 2 hours of work done on the train then [smile]
In other news; IO Completion ports aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were. I've managed to get a pretty reasonable server app working, although I just noticed some annoying problems with my mutex implementation. To access the mutex, you need to dereference a pointer. When the client gets killed, that pointer gets NULLed. So, it's possible to dereference a NULL pointer and cause a small explosion on your CPU. So I need to re-organise it.
I'll most likely put the code up for download on my site, and ask for comments from here, since there's bound to be something I've missed in it, and/or some optimizations.
Anyway, back to my mutex stuff...